Manager Real Estate Portfolio - Career Education Corporation
- Career Education
- 39460 Requisition #
Position will provide and coordinate Real Estate transaction services and associated reconfiguration/ consolidation activities to support the Company’s portfolio contraction. Includes providing necessary analytics and recovery data for Management to evaluate potential disposition opportunities. Creation and management of the FM Services annual budget and overseeing of 3rd party for execution of established plan.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Will complete the evaluation and engage / manage going forward the 3rd party Facility Management Services (FM) and create the annual FM expense budget for the Company portfolio.
- Will manage / oversee G4S Security Services, both the guard service as well as the network security system, with the Security Manger reporting directly to the PM.
- Maintain close communications with appropriate Company Depts. and outside parties (landlord, contractors, brokers, project managers, etc.) and will be responsible for coordinating the information, due diligence, analysis, resources, and other activities necessary to successfully complete real estate projects within the approved project guidelines.
- Participate in the solicitation and evaluation of 3rd party services for Lease Administration and Facility Management Services; new contract to be in place by August 2017.
- Manage 3rd party FM Services to assure ongoing and Taught out properties are maintained and lease obligations for surrender are met.
- Prepare annual campus budgets for facilities including CAM and M&R.; coordinate with FP&A to assure concurrence with overall Company strategy and budgets.
- Responsible for managing G4S- 3rd party Security Services, with the Security Manager reporting directly to the Portfolio Manager. Includes control of manpower – guard service and network systems.
- Manage the process with Security Manager and Risk to develop and maintain proper life safety programs and emergency procedures for all Chicago area administrative properties.
- Create recovery analysis for Mgmt review for potential consolidation opportunities including dispositions, subleases and early Buyouts.
- Responsible for the surrender process of all Teachout Schools – will coordinate with both internal/external resources and communicate with Property Management to assure smooth transition.
- Collaborate with Real Estate Broker and Legal Department for preparation of lease documents and associated Amendments.
- Manage external real estate resources (transaction management, brokerage, project management, contractors, vendors, etc.) for each transaction, including contract, planning and document development and administration.
- Track all project costs (actual vs. budget) utilizing established cost summary report; communicate with project team. Alert Real Estate Director when cost overruns are predicted.
- Coordinate work with appropriate Real Estate Dept team members and other internal service groups to ensure projects conform to corporate initiatives and standards (e.g. IT, Compliance, etc.).
- Coordinate and process invoices, purchase orders (POs) and or voucher approvals in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Obtain project closeout documentation, including but not limited to evaluation forms, warranties and lien waivers. O
- Assist Business Units with the preparation of capital project approvals by providing cost estimates and timelines for successful project completion.
- Coordinate with Real Estate Director to ensure CRE is point-of-contact with all internal departments and provide direction to all external service providers.
Other Scope Factors (number of schools, geographic areas, number of students, etc.)
- Is responsible for all of the campus network, both ongoing and taught out Schools as well as the Administrative properties – totaling 3M SQFT Portfolio
- Maintains portfolio properties which shall provide building code compliance, safety, functional and curb appealing while being fiscally responsible.
- Completion of campus surrenders and disposal of assets while mitigating overall costs which continues to be a key initiative for the Company.
Education and Experience: Minimum
· Bachelor’s in Business, Real estate, Const. Mgmt
· 7+ years’ work experience with Landlord interaction and lease obligations and/or portfolio analysis and reporting
· Good understanding of service contracts- 3rd party
· Experience managing 3rd party partners
· Able to manage multiple projects, within different geographic areas simultaneously
· General understanding of Bldg Maintenance procedures
Education and Experience: Preferred
· Knowledge of Lease interpretation and surrender process
· Accounting and/or finance with budget creation
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities, Competencies
· Excellent customer service skills; ability to work with all levels of the organization
· Must be flexible and customer focused with ability to stick to task until project is successfully closed out.
· Strong planning and organizational skills with a detail-oriented focus.
· Innovative, creative and proactive interpersonal skills.
· Strong computer skills with emphasis on spreadsheet analysis; Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Possess organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
· Demonstrates attention to detail.
· Skilled in contract/lease negotiation.
· Possess solid analytical skills.
· Able and willing to travel up to 30%